Undergraduate students participating in the Summer Biomedical Training Program at UMBC spend a ten-week research experience with energetic UMBC and UMB faculty in state-of-the-art facilities while living on campus. The program is supported in part by The Leadership Alliance and the UMBC Graduate School.
This innovative program includes:
- Summer Stipend
- On-campus housing
- GRE preparation
- Graduate-level education workshops and seminars
- Participation in Annual Summer Research Fest
The GRE Prep Course is provides students with a thorough understanding of each of the sections of the exam. The objectives of the course are to:
- Increase reading comprehension of difficult material under high time pressure
- Teach the most successful test management techniques
- Familiarize students with question types specific to the GRE
- Review anxiety reduction techniques
- Improve performance and reduce test anxiety by success in practice testing
At the end of the summer, students participate in the Annual Summer Research Fest hosted by UMBC’s College of Natural and Mathematical Sciences. This event serves as the culmination for all of the summer research programs on campus and features oral and poster presentations by approximately 70-80 summer researchers. An estimated 175-200 people attend this event annually.
Students supported by The Leadership Alliance also present their research at The Leadership Alliance National Symposium (LANS) held in July in Hartford, Connecticut.
For more information on eligibility criteria, visit the How to Apply section of this site. Please direct questions to the Program Coordinator Justine Johnson.