Wednesday, January 27
4 p.m., via Webex
What is our role in protecting free speech as a public university?
What should I do if I see or hear content that does not align with my values?
What is the difference between free speech and hate speech?
Is hate speech protected?
Can I be disciplined for my speech online? What about in a classroom?
Help us start a community discussion about the challenges of balancing our shared commitments to free speech and equity and inclusion.
Presenters and Panelists include:
- Kathy Ibitoye ‘15, Civil Rights Investigator
- Tirzah Kahn ‘21, Connection Corps Intern, Center for Democracy and Civic Life
- Zachary Kay ‘22, Executive Vice President, SGA
- Allan Kittleman '81, Former County Executive for Howard County, Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commissioner
- Susan Sterett, Professor, Public Policy
- Morgan Thomas ‘13, Assistant General Counsel
Please share your thoughts and questions when you register for the event.