SkillSoft Spotlights focus on just-in-time online learning that supports you in navigating complex challenges in personal and professional life, helps you to increase your effectiveness, and to improve your relationships. Each course is 30 minutes or less and is curated to provide tools, strategies, and practices to accelerate your success.
This week's spotlight course is Communicating with Confidence (20 min). Communicating with confidence is critical to your message being successfully received. Feeling confident in a high stakes situation is not always easy but with effort, confidence can be cultivated and improved.
In this course, you'll learn about being an effective speaker. You'll discover ways to prepare, techniques to avoid being nervous and how to use your voice and body language to communicate with self-confidence.
- recognize factors that determine a speaker's effectiveness in business settings
- identify techniques for overcoming nervousness about speaking in front of others
- recognize steps for preparing content for effective communication
- recognize methods for using your voice effectively in business communications
- identify ways to use body language to communicate confidently and effectively
- Knowledge Check: Communicating Effectively
- reflect on what you've learned
Once logged in, simply type the name of the course in the search bar.
Need Login Assistance? Email email@example.com to set up your account and to help with login difficulties. UMBC faculty and staff accounts are set up within 1 month of hire.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Visit our UMBC SkillSoft page for information on UMBC’s curated role and topic-based certificate tracks as well as professional industry certifications that align with SkillSoft courses.