Looking for a dose of inspiration to start your week? No need to look any further. Each week, we curate talks on topics that matter NOW for all of us related to resilience, self-care, dealing with uncertain times, as well as ways to stay connected, inspired, and grounded when the earth beneath us is shifting.
Today's talk is We need to address the real roots of racial violence by Megan Ming Francis. Why does the killing of unarmed blacks continue to happen?" asks political scientist Megan Ming Francis. She makes an urgent case for a new approach to these tragic deaths, explaining that we need to look at the deeper causes of systemic racism rather than settle for easy fixes.
After you watch, we invite you to reflect on the following:
- What resonated for you in the video?
- What lived experiences do you have, either personally or professionally that align with the core message of the talk?
- As you think of your role as a student, employee, or manager what feels relevant and useful to remember?
- What are you taking away that feels meaningful - either a new perspective, a potential action, etc.
- How might we take better care of ourselves and each other during this time?